Bring the Heat Indianapolis provides free heating services to elderly, disabled or low-income homeowners in the Indianapolis area to insure proper furnace operation and save lives. Volunteers provide encouragement and a helping hand in the form of no-cost furnace clean-and-check services to those who need it most.
- Thousands of homeowners in Marion County do not have a safe source of heat for their homes. INHP screens and monitors the Bring the Heat recipients.
- Bring the Heat does not receive government funding, and relies solely on volunteers for donations of funds, labor, equipment and parts.
- HVACA volunteers have donated time, money and parts to this program for 16 years. In this time, we have completed nearly 1000 free furnace clean-and-checks and replaced 42 furnaces.
How Can I Participate?
- HVACA needs service techs, installers, helpers, dispatchers, owners, managers, friends and family to help.
- Contractors are needed to volunteer their trucks and parts (up to $100 per home).
- Technicians are needed to run a couple of service calls (most are finished within four hours), diagnose problems and, if a minor problem is found, fix it. If the problem requires a major system component replacement, technicians will document the work needed and give the information to the HVACA team leaders.
- Non-technical help is also needed to assist team leaders.
Donate your time and talent!
Saturday, October 5, the Indiana HVAC Association and its members will volunteer their technicians, trucks and resources to provide heating assistance to pre-screened clients of Indianapolis Neighborhood Housing Partnership (INHP) in Marion County. This work will include preventative maintenance and repairs on heating systems, and may also include clean and checks on furnaces. If necessary, broken furnaces will be repaired.
- Meet at IFD Headquarters at 7am for a complimentary hot breakfast.
- Receive call assignments and instructions from Bring the Heat coordinators.
- Leave to complete the calls.
- Return to IFD Headquarters. Turn in call packets; identify whether calls are complete or need additional follow-up.
- Have a complimentary lunch with other volunteers. We expect this event to wrap up by 1pm.
- Go home knowing you have made a difference in someone’s life!
Please use the form below to register your company for the event.
Registration will close by September 5, 2019.
Companies not registered in time will not have logos listed on the Bring the Heat t-shirts.
Questions? Contact Sarah Holsapple at firstname.lastname@example.org.